Train stats 'bug'

Started by Jester, May 24, 2006, 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jester

Make trainer rooms remove spells.  That way you won't try to train and have stats over what they should be causing MUD to think you tried to put cps into it and hence be stuck in the trainer and have to hangup/relog and wait for the spells to wear off.  No reason to be spelled up in a trainer room anyway.  Causes no harm and is an easy fix for this problem.

ghaleon

Not sure if I completely understood that, but why do you need to remove all the spells? Stats and Current Stats should be 2 different entries in memory, so there should be no way of mixing them up. I think that there must have been some problem with doing that in MajorMUD hence the bard bugs of the past that your most likely concerned about.
Free MajorMUD. No Playing Sysops - Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver Forums

Jester

It's still a problem in majormud.  When you train stats it doesn't store them seperately.  So it shows you with -60 CP's or something and it won't let you change any stats.  So you have to relog  and wait for the spell to wear off to train stats.

KalEl

the newest verson wont let you train till all spells have ended.  either way jester has a point i play a bard and it is super annoying waiting for spells to end to train.

Kal

If Superman is bulletproof, why does he duck when a gun is thrown at him?

ghaleon

to me... it sounds like just another majormud bug that will work itself out with better coding.
Free MajorMUD. No Playing Sysops - Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver Forums

DeathCow

Yeah the database has a spot for set stats and current stats...better programming logic should address that error.

Jester

Well, I sometimes forget that we have competent programmers working on the game now.  I appologize for any feelings that may have been hurt.

Ok not really...but it's still good to know there are people who care working on this game now.

I lurr you.  Ok, not really.  But kinda.

DeathCow

Well the wierd part of it is, that database already addresses current stats, and normal stats.  I ponder where majormud error could be..oh duh its in the ability coding.