12 hours until the Last Stand

Started by Valentine, May 26, 2006, 08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valentine

12 hours until I see X-Men.

I need this. Doctor Who isn't on this week.   :(
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

Valentine

4 words:
muthafuckinsnakes on a muthafuckinplane
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

KalEl

Save your money for booze...  Better experience then X-men 3

Kal

If Superman is bulletproof, why does he duck when a gun is thrown at him?

Valentine

There was a Superman trailer too....

But, I didn't hate X-men. I grew up watching the cartoon, so it's uncomfortable to see certain characters not acting the way you expect.

I'll make a judgement after I take my daughter to see it. Sometimes I need a second viewing to know if I like something or not.

KalEl

The Superman trailer was the best part of the movie.

Kal

Valentine

Uh, no.....Snakes on a Plane was....people cheered for it.

Ian

WILL YOU GET OVER THAT DAMN SNAKES ON A PLANE?!?!  IT SOUNDS CRAP.
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

Valentine

KalEl

Well in my opinion.... Brett Radner took too much liberty with the story.  I guess to speed up the story and end as a trilogy it was a good move and was prolly ok for the people who never watched the cartoons or read the comics.  But for a hardcore fan I think it was too much.  The death of three main characters and the loss of abilities in 2 villians in one movie was too drastic.  And from what i remember Jean Grey takes over the school.  Could be wrong though.  And from the trailers it seemed Archangel(Warren) was gonna play a more prominent role in the movie.  I was very disappointed in that.  I hope Superman doesn't suck like that.

Kal

Ian

Quote from: Thesifer on May 28, 2006, 09:02 PM
Quote from: Ian on May 27, 2006, 01:53 AM
WILL YOU GET OVER THAT DAMN SNAKES ON A PLANE?!?! IT SOUNDS CRAP.

Thats the point n00b.
No, she is really excited about this.  She was talking about it all day.
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

Valentine

...and I will continue to be excited about it until August.  :P

A girl's gotta have a hobby, after all.

DeathCow

Its all about the snakes on a plane..

New saying.

Its snakes on a plane.

Means: Shit happens.

Ian

Quote from: DeathCow on May 29, 2006, 05:40 AM
Its all about the snakes on a plane..

New saying.

Its snakes on a plane.

Means: Shit happens.
Meaning: shit-all is happening, nothing is going on.

Example:
Q: Sup Ian?
A: Snakes on a plane.

Valentine

...or when driving:

Motherfucking snakes on a motherfucking plane! Learn to drive you jackass!

Not that I am prone to road rage.  :whip2:

...or own a whip....