Idea inspired by CircleMUDS

Started by Psuedo, Jun 22, 2006, 10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psuedo

I'm sure some people have dabbled in CircleMUDs or SmaugMUDS at one point in time or another, but they have a pretty neat set up at the beginning. Instead of having shops where you just go buy stuff for free they have a path that you travel on and find weapons and kill a boss at the end to get some armour. It's kind of a nice idea for a starting quest. Then after completed they can be entered into the actual realm. Just an idea though.

The Crazy Animal

I don't like the idea of free items in shops is kinda stupid, everything has a cost and there for should be sold for over that cost. However I kinda hate the idea of starting the game with a walk through quest just to get into the actual game too.

Should just start the characters in the game in a set of ragged clothing, and at most a walking stick, and an apple because I'm so generous and they can go from there. If you want item quests after that's fine but none of them should be mandatory in the game.

Like for example if they (PC) doesn't start the game with a walking stick the first item quest could be figuring out how to break a branch of a tree so while walking through the forest you can scooping up all the field mice and boppin' 'em on the head. That is of course unless the good fairly is around because she don't want to see you boppin' 'em them there field mice on the head or she'll turn you into a goon.

Seriously though minor quests should never be mandatory unless it is unavoidable necessary to support a portion of the storyline.

The Crazy Animal

What you don't remember that song from your childhood?