Hanging up/leaving the realm

Started by Ian, Jun 24, 2006, 08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

Is there any reason why we can't put an "Ian just left the realm" message before or after a hangup message?  Just so the mega will recognise people have left.
There are two places this gets me:
1. In the convo window, player entries show up (and I think player exits do too), but not hangups
2. In the "Who's online" list, Valentine ends up being shown 20 times because she keeps hanging and reconnecting.  Soul too.

Opinions?
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

ghaleon

why not just change
<name> just disconnected!!!
to
<name> just hung up!!!

???

wouldnt that solve the problem?
Free MajorMUD. No Playing Sysops - Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver Forums

Ian

Does mega detect that?  I assumed it only detected "Blah has left the realm" (or whatever the real message is, you rarely see it :)).
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

Valentine

Maybe I really am in there 20 times. Ever think of that? Hmm?
"...There was always a minority afraid of something, and a great majority afraid of the dark, afraid of the future, afraid of the past, afraid of the present, afraid of themselves and shadows of themselves..." --Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles

Vitoc

I'm up for fixing it if you guys figure out which option(s) will work.

Ian

Well I can confirm that the real message is "Blah just left the Realm." (capital R is intentional).  But I also just noticed that Vitoc already has that in Gmud.

So I decided to test Ghaleon's idea, and yes, "<name> just hung up!!!" does work.
Guess our message is just subtly different (and this time I'll believe Ghaleon that it's "<name> just disconnected!!!").

I guess all that has to be done is to change the message.  Easy fixed.