Stashes and items hidden

Started by Mukami, Jun 26, 2006, 05:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mukami

I might be the only person who is bothered by the size of the realm but i think it causes too many problems having lots of random unused rooms. yeah it was great when major first came out exploring hills and searching out new areas but it seems that alot of the space now is never traveled and just makes it easy too keep items out of the game or peoples hands. i was thinking that some monsters should search out items at clean up. if you hid something in dragon's teeth hills for example why couldnt a gnoll stumble across 3 hidden starsteel greatswords just as easy as i did one day. What would he do with it? maybe give it to his commander (gnoll chieftian) who could now have a 75% drop for that item. Or just its flushed back into the game, either way. i think it would be funny and help a noob out to kill say the mad wizard and find feyr that had been stashed in the sewers for several months. im not sure this is the best way to get items out there but i think the game needs some way to self check against hoarders like that. even if its not a lim but a low % drop. people walk across death piles why cant a monster every now and then.

DeathCow

If your interested greatermud.com/wiki has a page about cleaner NPCs.  Which is kinda our plan.  Most of the realm I'm making will be decent to script, so assuming there is a large enough player base most areas could have players scripting them.  But yeah there are gonna be areas where people can stash things...there really isnt anything wrong with hoarding.  There is already, in the content I'm making, alot more stuff than majormud has so maybe it wouldnt be as pronounced in gmud.

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: Mukami on Jun 26, 2006, 05:30 PM
if you hid something in dragon's teeth hills for example why couldnt a gnoll stumble across 3 hidden starsteel greatswords just as easy as i did one day. What would he do with it? maybe give it to his commander (gnoll chieftian) who could now have a 75% drop for that item.

This is the link for the Clearer Agents:
http://www.greatermud.com/wiki/index.php/Idea:NPC_Cleaner_Agents

I guess what could be done along the lines of your idea is to make some type of dynamic chest that boss monsters might have stashed away in their area. This could then be filled with some of the random items found laying around by a cleaner agent that wonders around in that bosses area. So a creature like a Gnoll Scout might be used as a cleaner agent for the Gnoll encampment and surrounding area. The Gnoll Scout would then drop items off in what ever treasure room the gnolls use. An NPC action maybe called Fill would then dynamicly create the textblock to drop those items out of a chest in that room.

Cato

The cleaner agent link isn't working. I was thinking something similar. NPC adventurers/treasure hunters that roam, find things and sell them or use them.

Rhinehold

The Crazy Animal

If you search for NPC Cleaners it should pull the origional posts that the wiki link covered. The wiki has been down for a while now.