deadcow?

Started by aukey, Jul 07, 2006, 12:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aukey

how come no one is posting anymore? did deathcow die?

The Crazy Animal

Nope talked to him the other day. Not sure why people haven't posted I'm guessing that they are all to drunk still from the 4th. I'll post something if that will make you feel better...

DeathCow

Naaw, I live.. I just spend more time working on the game when I'm not posting.

aukey

YIPPIE! DC what can I do to help? can you import nightmare files to greatermud? I love to make stuff.. you can just tell me something to make it BLAMO

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: aukey on Jul 08, 2006, 07:23 PM
can you import nightmare files to greatermud? I love to make stuff..

Yep theres a converter for the files.

What do you love to make the most?

aukey

I like making quests, areas.. Textblock stuff, like fishing (similar to gravedigging). I am working on some off hand items like bags, and backpack type stuff.  I made a bunch of duel welding weapons, and pvp only weapons. 

Lots of traps, and stuff that F with people. I'm not really sure what you guys need.  I've been working on a summoner quest area, over 1000 rooms. The thing that slows me up is the descriptions. But most of the time I test the actions, and go back and edit them later.

Mainly I just like to try things that are not currently in mud.  I have a forest that has shortcuts for people with the stealth stat.  Just give me a project and you can take out what you hate.

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: aukey on Jul 09, 2006, 03:49 AM
I like making quests, areas.. Textblock stuff, like fishing (similar to gravedigging). I am working on some off hand items like bags, and backpack type stuff. I made a bunch of duel welding weapons, and pvp only weapons.

Lots of traps, and stuff that F with people. I'm not really sure what you guys need. I've been working on a summoner quest area, over 1000 rooms. The thing that slows me up is the descriptions. But most of the time I test the actions, and go back and edit them later.

Mainly I just like to try things that are not currently in mud. I have a forest that has shortcuts for people with the stealth stat. Just give me a project and you can take out what you hate.

Giving stuff to do is DC's area though I do have a few ideas that you probably would like doing but I don't want to get you excited over them because they still have to get the ok first by DC and probably Vitoc. At anyrate you can see a few of them in post - Arena Tournament Games: http://greatermud.com/forums/index.php?topic=718.0 specifically the parts about king of the mountain and Illusionary Realms Arenas they probably would be right up your alley.

BTW you gave me a fun idea to go along with that fishing textblock you mentioned that is if its able to be done as I've thought it out but I seem to be having some problems with posting new topics right now so you'll have to wait to see that one.

aukey

Yeah I think that is a great idea, have more of a first person shooter atmosphere.  There should be an arena ranking system too.

I am also working on a sort of hunters club.  Where you pay large sums of money to fight captured monsters.  And there can be quests that involve capturing those monsters.

I also made a summoner that you pay money for him to summon you monsters to kill.

5 gold - rodent
50 - medium animal
2 plat - large animal
25 plat - humanoid
1 runic - creature
10 runic - Boss w/ limited items

----

Off subject, I love to pvp, and making multiple limited items sort of takes away reasons to pk someone.  Instead of having like 3 limited golden breastplates, why not have:

1 Golden Breastplate (large) -  Half-Ogre, Half-Orc, Kangs, 
1 Golden Breastplate (medium) - Human, Elf, Dark-Elf, Half-Elf, Gaunt, Neko
1 Golden Breastplate (small) - For Halfling, Gnome, Dwarf, Goblin

This will also keep people from picking the same race/class combos, if they don't want to fight for their stuff.

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: aukey on Jul 10, 2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah I think that is a great idea, have more of a first person shooter atmosphere. There should be an arena ranking system too.

I have a very vague idea of how this might be done but I'll have to think about it a little more because I'd like to have it accurately depict players that can fight outside assumed parameters like large level gaps and low vs high exp table gaps as well as the normal win lose situations.

QuoteI am also working on a sort of hunters club. Where you pay large sums of money to fight captured monsters. And there can be quests that involve capturing those monsters.

This could be fun. Personality I'd like to have more hunting/finding contests in the game like who can kill the most x dragon type (this type would be spread around the realm rather then appearing in a single area) or who can collect the most x type dino eggs. I think things like this can help bring players to keys since they will have some extra things to do when not scripting.

QuoteI also made a summoner that you pay money for him to summon you monsters to kill.

5 gold - rodent
50 - medium animal
2 plat - large animal
25 plat - humanoid
1 runic - creature
10 runic - Boss w/ limited items

This is cool too the only thing that concerns me here is if it is too easily abused by rich players for easy exp. To fix that I would say, exp has to be lower then the amount of gold it costs to summon it and the total value of the items/gold the monster may drop must be lower then the cost of gold it costs to summon. The other way to fix it would be to have secondary versions of the monsters that can be summoned that have less then their normal exp and drop rates. Also It might be cool to have a version of the summoner that can be hired by players via prestige buildings too.

QuoteOff subject, I love to pvp, and making multiple limited items sort of takes away reasons to pk someone. Instead of having like 3 limited golden breastplates, why not have:

1 Golden Breastplate (large) - Half-Ogre, Half-Orc, Kangs,
1 Golden Breastplate (medium) - Human, Elf, Dark-Elf, Half-Elf, Gaunt, Neko
1 Golden Breastplate (small) - For Halfling, Gnome, Dwarf, Goblin

This will also keep people from picking the same race/class combos, if they don't want to fight for their stuff.

I've thought about limited items ideas like this quite a few times and this was the conclusion that I came up with. Limited items in most cases represent the NPC that dropped them so they shouldn't change via the race or class of a player trying to get them. Limited items should only be limit one if there are more then one they should be a restricted item. Restricted items need to range from uncommon to slightly rare and their number should be based on a set-able calculation such as 1 for every 30 warriors or 1 for every 100 players. This keeps the flood of these restricted items at a set rate allowing them to maintain their rarity and remain valued because they do so at a fluid rate within the realm. Now I do agree there should be limited items geared towards every race/class combo but they should be unique limited items and not just altered versions of a single limited item.

aukey

Also I had an arena battle quest, where you do a bunch of walking around fetching stuff then are invited to do an arena battle vs one monster, then that monster summons another monster as a death spell.

Eg..
Acid slime
Thug (protects orc fanatic)
Half-Ogre Bodyguard
Dark Priest
Golblin Warlock
Thug & Orc Fanatic
Roc
Roc summons
aurumvorax
Acid Slime & Acid Slime

So it starts off as you fighting one monster at a time, then when you get to the warlock you have one Thug and one Orc Fanatic, after killing the thug and the fanatic you will have one roc and one half-ogre bodyguard.  It will keep looping over and over until you have like 30 monsters attacking you at once.  You can make this quest have a lot of walking time to get the item needed to get in the area. But make it level limited and only one person in the room at a time.

You can have one of these for every 10 levels maybe the higher ones will have items to gain after getting to the end.  Depending on how many monsters you killed.

This is just an example but you can have the monster list be a lot longer.

aukey

Anyways, I will work on any of these above ideas as long as DC gives me the green light

The Crazy Animal

I managed to get around the error today and got the fishing idea posted if you want to see it: http://www.greatermud.com/wiki/index.php/Idea:Fishing_Contests

aukey

That is great :D Good job. I would edit the wiki, but i'm sure i'll fuck it all up.

-:D

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: aukey on Jul 11, 2006, 11:52 PM
That is great :D Good job. I would edit the wiki, but i'm sure i'll fuck it all up.

-:D

Thanks, I thought you might like that. I would actually like to make it a little more complex where areas would have their own fish types and sizes. So players would have a reason to carry around and explore the realms waters with a fishing rod just like people do when they go fishing in real life.

Actually the wiki is really easy to use and well documented with help files. If you want to try editing the wiki and not mess anything up start with your user page. However just so you know we can always roll back any changes that are made that mess up a wiki document. I think it took me maybe 2 posts to get the hang of it. I like it actually alot better then the formating stuff for the forum now.

DeathCow

Ya know if you wanna work on an area by all means have at it.  Just about anythin could be worked in somewhere.  The big thing is that it has to all be orignal, cant "borrow" from mmud.