General Gang ideas

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jul 07, 2006, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

General Gang ideas

I?d like to make a few suggestions to how we handle gangs.

Gang Rank ? Each member of the gang should have a rank
Alter rank <member name> <#>

The gang leader could then set controls for ranks similar to how lieutenants worked in mmud but with a little more control over the power structure.
Example:
Set Rank <#> <give or take> <Command>
Commands could be: Invite, Un-invite, and Account deposit, Account withdraw, Ban or Un-Ban.

The account commands are there because I think there should be a gang bank account that pays for gang related prestige items rather then it all coming from the leader?s private accounts. Members with deposit would be able to contribute cash into the gangs accounts and players with withdraw could take money out of the account.

Secondly I?ve seen lots of gangs fall apart because their leader stopped playing or was kicked off the board so there should be a way to deal with this eventuality.
So a command like this would fix this:
Set next in power <member name>
The member with this set on them would become the leader of the game if for some reason if the gang leader is re-rolled or otherwise leaves the game.

The last suggestion is for a way to ban a player from being invited into a gang I?ve seen a few gangs that had problems with users getting invited back into the gang by lieutenants that didn?t know the player was kicked out of the gang. The ban command would give a message like, ?This player has been banned from the gang.?, when they try to invite a banned player.
Set Ban (player)
Set Un-ban (player)

Mukami

I like the idea of having a gang bank account. somewhere that the group can contribute to not just things like a gang house but also just put money into incase someone needs gear they dont have to wait for a gang member to be live and in town.

as far as a second in command, atleast for being rerolled, i dont think that should be there a second in command. think of it as more of a reason to protect the person. or, if you prefer, the only thing holding the gang together is the strong leader. maybe hes a good speaker or affluent or whatever but i think he should be the center and the glue of the gang. also if the gang is disbanded or the leader rolled/quits the money in the bank should be hoarded by the bank.

ask gnome teller gang account

The teller stares at you for a second and smirks. Oh it seems that one of our clerks has misplaced your file. Dont worry though this is an easy fix just get your gang leader to come in and re-file your paper work and you'll be all set. With that he breaks out laughing and retreats behind his steel wall undoubtedly to tell others and have a good laugh at your expense.

for the ranks though how about just 3 underling, overlord, right hand. your underlings are the otherwise unranked people (everyone enters as that) you can promote them to overloard those are the people who can invite and un invite members. and your right hand man would be the only other person able to access your vaults or stock/unstock from your shop (or however this works in gmud). but that person would basicly have all right except promoting/giving out keyrings.

The Crazy Animal

I was thinking for the ganghouses that you could set a ranking on the house it self whose allowed in or able to make keys. This is because with the prestige building you could say have a gang that has say 5 ganghouses across the realm and the leader might want to have different houses open to different ranking members. Almost any manner of ranking though will work with this.

Gangs I figured could change hands since in the void of power someone should be able to step in and fill the power vacume of a missing leader. However there are advantages to having the gangs just disband in the absence of a leader such as its effect of pulling large amounts of capital out of the game. So I could go either way with this.

Gang Shops need a lot of work because they are just too abuseable right now so I was going to roll them into prestige spending and the building ideas as I'd like to see lone players able to have shops also. However I'm still working on that part of it.

Mukami

pres?tige? ? ( P )? Pronunciation Key? (pr-stzh, -stj)
n.
1.? ?The level of respect at which one is regarded by others; standing.
2.? ?A person's high standing among others; honor or esteem.
3.? ?Widely recognized prominence, distinction, or importance: a position of prestige in diplomatic circles.

The Crazy Animal

It would be prestige through materialism though I'm not sure if you were actually questioning my usage of the word?

Mukami

I wouldn't say that im questioning it, i'd more say im telling you that your use of the word is wrong.

The Crazy Animal

Its not actually wrong though the word itself speaks about how a second person views anouther person it doesn't say by a set amount of reasons with the exception of use of widely in def #3.

Example:
Prestige through materialism is like:  Wow, look at Joe?s new house he must be really successful. Joe now has a given a small amount of prestige based on his new house. The greater the amount of prestige the wider the recognition that person garners for themselves.

Mukami

Joe has been given some amount of prestige thru what he has but his buying the house in not prestige spending. How you are using the word implies that you may buy respect or that a big house = respect. So what you are saying is that paris hilton who has alot of stuff would have more presige than jesus who lived a poor life.

The Crazy Animal

It all depends on the social circle that you are talking about. There are many ways to gain prestige in the world spending lots of money is just one of many of those ways.

I don't really know what to tell you other then that if you don't believe me that the usage is current and correct just google the words prestige spending and read some of the results.

Hagrid

OMG, who cares how its used!  I like his idea.  its very prestigous!  MUHAHAHAHA

Shawn
Hagrid

Is this not the face of truth and innocence?

Mukami

QuoteI like his idea.? its very prestigous!? MUHAHAHAHA

which idea? there are alot of ideas here did you like the main ones about gang bank account or the different promotions that a gang leader can give or was it the more indepth spending and reworking of gang house shops?
If you cut past us bitching at eachother this has a few different ideas in it.

Mage

I'd like to see "Gang Alignment".

Some sort of calculation which would apply an extra modifier to your evil point total, based on the amount of evil points your gang is.

The Crazy Animal

Spooky

Maybe even offer an incentive to run together as a gang.. when 2 gang memebres kill together they get a % more exp from a monster than usual.. it doesnt have to be huge.. but the more characters from your gang that are in on a kill you get a higher % of exp from a monster... and maybe it doesnt have to be an exp or nothing reward.. maybe there could be a total amount of gang generated kills . If 4 gang memebrs get a kill on one monster the gang gets an X amount of Gang Kills or something fancy like that. Maybe that is part decider for who is actually Top gang. Total gang kills calculated with total exp for gang ranking.