Forum and Wiki problems

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jul 09, 2006, 11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

I keep getting these messages when trying to post in both the forum and wiki pages and its making it really difficult to post anything. Can someone fix this please...

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /wiki/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.greatermud.com Port 80

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forums/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/1.3.34 Server at www.greatermud.com Port 80

Locke Cole

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Jul 09, 2006, 11:58 PMI keep getting these messages when trying to post in both the forum and wiki pages and its making it really difficult to post anything. Can someone fix this please...
I hate doing this, but I haven't ran into either of those yet. But then, I'm not very active on either at the moment. :( I'm going to guess that it's a problem with the hosting though, and not something we could necessarily fix on our own (since, AFAIK, the permissions on the files are all set correctly).

The Crazy Animal

Ya I kind of figured that the settings were correct because I can still seem to post some things in some places some times but the errors are happening too frequently in too many places to just ignore it. Also Ian was telling me he got the same message on the wiki the other day but hadn't tried it again yet.

Vitoc

Quote from: Locke Cole on Jul 10, 2006, 01:08 AM
Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Jul 09, 2006, 11:58 PMI keep getting these messages when trying to post in both the forum and wiki pages and its making it really difficult to post anything. Can someone fix this please...
I hate doing this, but I haven't ran into either of those yet. But then, I'm not very active on either at the moment. :( I'm going to guess that it's a problem with the hosting though, and not something we could necessarily fix on our own (since, AFAIK, the permissions on the files are all set correctly).
Locke, did you get the E-mail or several IM's I've sent you?  Been trying to get a hold of you.

The Crazy Animal

Note - I'm still getting this error message on the idea's forum/sub-forums, almost all new posts and some modifying posts just return the above error message. Is this happening to anyone else?

The Crazy Animal

ok this is starting to irritate me but it seems to be just a portion of the post that will not take and not the entire post. I'm not sure what the server doesn't seem to like about it. At any rate I managed to get the post up on the wiki like one section at a time but I noticed if I try to edit the entire message to add some of the tagging and what not it gives me the same error message.

http://www.greatermud.com/wiki/index.php/Idea:Fishing_Contests

Since what is on that page is the message giving me the errors each time maybe someone else could try to copy and post it into to forum for a test.

The Crazy Animal

All Fixed
It was what I thought causing the problem, and Thesifer fixed it.

The Crazy Animal

You don't happen to be running TinyPortal on here are you as there is a security hole in that, that could have caused it.

ghaleon

most common way to get in is through file upload abilities.
Free MajorMUD. No Playing Sysops - Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver BBS
Quicksilver Forums

Locke Cole

Quote from: Vitoc on Jul 10, 2006, 09:45 AMLocke, did you get the E-mail or several IM's I've sent you?  Been trying to get a hold of you.
I did get the IM's, but you were never online when I was to respond (and AIM, unlike ICQ and Yahoo, does not allow you to send offline messages). I did not get the e-mails though; if they were sent to the e-mail address I had setup for the forum here, then it went to a junk e-mail/spam trap that I never check. I've changed it to my real e-mail address though, so please re-send anything you tried to send before.