Attn: Locke

Started by Vitoc, Jul 11, 2006, 09:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Do you want to help with the coding or not?  If I don't hear back from you by Friday I'll be offering the task to someone else.  Hope to hear from you.

I'll post the details for anyone interested on Friday pending Locke's response, or lack thereof.

Vitoc

The Crazy Animal

Grin, I think his job is just keeping him really busy right now.

Vitoc

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Jul 13, 2006, 04:49 PM
Grin, I think his job is just keeping him really busy right now.
Guess there's a lot of that going on right now, and it's the primary reason why I want to take on another coder.

I'm not opposed to waiting for a response for a bit longer, but it means very little (if anything, heh) will get done until if/when we finally do get a response.? It's up to everyone here.? Do we wait a little longer to try to get Locke into the code or try to find someone else right now?

Vitoc

Quote from: Thesifer on Jul 14, 2006, 12:57 PM
Guru.com ..? I say you hire some more professionals! :-P
What's the going contract rate for a decent programmer now?  $50 an hour?  What are we up to on our donations now?  $20? 

We can hire a programmer for exactly 24 minutes  :D

It would take that long just for me to explain why we're working on a game with no graphics that was abandoned several years ago by it's creators.

The Crazy Animal

I'd say keep a slot open for him and put out the word for someone else. There will probably be plenty to do project wise as things pick up speed and hopefully by then he won't be as busy.

Locke Cole

I don't have the time to work on it that would be needed. I wish I'd been allowed to help back when I was jobless and had all the time in the world to work on it. :P

Having said that, if you think even a miniscule amount of my time is more valuable than another coders time, I'm all for it. I suggest e-mail though rather than forum posts, I check my e-mail daily (except for weekends, when I'm usually sleeping in a lot). :P You're an admin on here so you can see the e-mail address, just use that.

Hagrid

Quote from: Locke Cole on Jul 21, 2006, 11:19 PM
I don't have the time to work on it that would be needed. I wish I'd been allowed to help back when I was jobless and had all the time in the world to work on it. :P

Having said that, if you think even a miniscule amount of my time is more valuable than another coders time, I'm all for it. I suggest e-mail though rather than forum posts, I check my e-mail daily (except for weekends, when I'm usually sleeping in a lot). :P You're an admin on here so you can see the e-mail address, just use that.
Bummer. :(    It would have been nice to see you as a regular coder!

Maybe code at work?  ;D  Ok, some people dont have that luxury.   Maybe if i can learn to code.
How hard is c# to learn?  8)
Shawn
Hagrid

Is this not the face of truth and innocence?

Vitoc

Quote from: Locke Cole on Jul 21, 2006, 11:19 PM

I did E-mail you once and IMed you several times.? Never got a response. ;)

Locke Cole

Quote from: Vitoc on Jul 23, 2006, 04:24 PMI did E-mail you once and IMed you several times.  Never got a response. ;)

See here. :(

Vitoc

That's ok.? :)

I'm going to give it another go myself.? Bugzilla's interface is starting to grow on me and I plan to start hitting all those bugs soon.? Just don't become a stranger. ;)