SMF Setup/Admin - Help Request

Started by Vitoc, Aug 05, 2006, 11:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

Big thanks to Hagrid for hooking us up with a bigger hard drive.   8)

I got everything installed on it and just need some help cloning the setup from these forums.  I've got the theme installed but by default it isn't using the red color setup for the theme.  I also need help importing the data over from the other forums.  Anyone here have experience with it?

Thesifer, if you see this please get in touch with me so we can start transferring the domain.  Thanks!

Vitoc

The forums are cloned and up at http://www.vitoc.com/forums

I've done some basic testing and it seems like everything was copied successfully and everything appears to be working.? Please put it through it's paces if you get a chance and let me know if you see anything that isn't working properly.? Thanks!

PS.  Links that have the greatermud.com domain in them will be linking back to these forums, but that is only temporary until we get the domain pointed to the other IP.

The Crazy Animal

You know you might want to take this opportunity before switching the domains over to try to upgrade the forum software so we can get those lovely things like post ratings and a chat area...

DeathCow

Those were never big deals... I was jsut to lazy to work on it :P

The Crazy Animal

I looked them up one day on the smf site and found them as plug-ins but both of them don't work on this version of the forum software... so ya if you want them then we need to upgrade.

Vitoc

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Aug 06, 2006, 02:22 PM
I looked them up one day on the smf site and found them as plug-ins but both of them don't work on this version of the forum software... so ya if you want them then we need to upgrade.
You mean install RC2? (release candidate)

Hmm... I'd like to wait until it is officially released if possible.? :-\

The Crazy Animal

Well thats why I figured now would be a good time to try it since you have a back up running...

Colt

Ok, is there anything else you all need in the equipment area of things?
Mistic ToeThumper
Colt ToeThumper
galaxybbs.dynalias.com

The Crazy Animal