The Drunken Brawler

Started by Ian, Sep 05, 2006, 03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian

I was playing a new char, and on my way from Newhaven to Silvermere I passed some drunken brawlers in the street.
It would be cool if there was a random chance a drunken brawler would attack you, perhaps mistaking you for someone else.

OI, yer you!  You owe me money, and if you won't pay up I'll beat it out of you!
drunken brawler moves to attack you!

Of course for the larger chars this type of character could easily be ignored or killed, but for the smaller chars they would pose a problem.  It would encourage low level chars to stay away from bars out of the drunken district of town.

Anyway, just a thought.  Might make towns more interesting :)
If we can hit that bulls-eye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards.? Check-mate!

The Crazy Animal

I thought of similar things with random theif type npcs.

Personaly I think we should make intoxication have some level of effect like an ability you get from drinking or taking certain items. The more you take of that items the stronger the effect is per an amount of time. In this way then intoxication or drunkeness could have a similar effect on all npcs and some of those effects could also work with players. We could then come up with a way to set points were different NPCs preform certain actions via a AI script. Like intoxication 1 might cure light fear, intoxication 3 might give a plus dmg with a chance fumble, intoxication 5 might trigger normally good NPC to attack at random, all the way to intoxication 20 might trigger alchol poisoning.

DeathCow

Um..I could make drunks attack randomly in mmud...so If we cared that much.....I can add that in..we'd just need all the same abilities mmud has.

The Crazy Animal

We need more then mmud :) MORE I SAY, more...!!

DeathCow

Well..i suppose we could make coding specifically for it..but i can't see alota reason to waste the coders time on it.

The Crazy Animal

I think we should just ask him about it and see how long he thinks it would take to do. If its not that difficult then it might be worth just doing and building in better later. However I think we could have a fair bit of fun with people with the effects from it.

All we need is to do is make the effect assignable via a data set like in a textblock. Then when you use something with the intoxication ability it adds that value to your intoxication ability.  The game then checks the textblock for what effects to assign to the character. The intoxication ability then removes itselve 1 value per say 10 minutes of gametime.

example:

Intoxication ability number 333 value numer 1 -20

Reads textblock # XXX

1: Effect 1
2: Effect 2
And so on...

The effects can then be set by us using spells and or textblock commands.

Other more personalized npc effects could then also be called via AI scrpits to check the intoxication value on the NPC and set them to do actions like attack or flirt or vomit in your lap while your sitting at the pub having a drink...

I also think it would be fun just to try to get different NPC drunk to see what they would do but that might just be me.. Maybe you could bribe the guards with strong drinks to give you the jail key. Or a NPC might be willing to tell you just a little more information for a quest while they are drunk..

DeathCow

Oh lady sentra might give you a blow job with teeth...ty 1.1a

The Crazy Animal

hehe

I think you got the jist of it, it could be a useful story device in the long run..

Oh we could also have a talk filter too that makes people type like their drunk or go as far as distorting the street names and descriptions.