Thanks to Sweetkins and Galaxy BBS!

Started by Vitoc, Dec 11, 2006, 08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitoc

They donated a brand new 250 gb SATA hard drive for our GMUDServer.  It has been installed, all the software has been reinstalled, and the telnet server is back up and running.   That pretty much rounds out our wish list, and we've got a very fast and stable server with all new components that should serve our needs for years to come. 

Thank you Galaxy BBS and Sweetkins!  8)

Colt

Quote from: Thesifer on Dec 11, 2006, 11:13 PM
Awesome.? ? Now it's time for you to cut and run with your Sweet new System and start other projects!? ;)

I can only shake my head....

Cut and run yes, but finish Greater Mud, before ya start other projects.
Mistic ToeThumper
Colt ToeThumper
galaxybbs.dynalias.com

Vitoc

Quote from: Thesifer on Dec 11, 2006, 11:13 PM
Awesome.? ? Now it's time for you to cut and run with your Sweet new System and start other projects!? ;)
:lol: (how do we not have a lol smiley?)

The sad thing is the GMUDServer is now better than my gaming / dev box, save the video and sound cards.? I do plan on doing some cool things with this server; multiple realms, web apps that update in real time (tracking eph, showing gossips/auctions or major events that occurred), perhaps a realtime map editor and/or quest/event generator, etc.? We definitely have the power to do it now.

The Crazy Animal

Now that I think of it maybe we should put special items or other stuff in honor of people that donate stuff. It would be a nice way of showing our thanks.

scratacorn

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Dec 12, 2006, 02:37 PM
Now that I think of it maybe we should put special items or other stuff in honor of people that donate stuff. It would be a nice way of showing our thanks.

statues are good, in the park.........=) unless there's something else?

The Crazy Animal

well anything really goes it could be anything from prop items to shop names... Or simply something easy but viable that the person really wants in the game like a cash for collectling dead rats with the NPC doing the trade named after them..