Thievery Ideas:

Started by The Crazy Animal, Oct 20, 2006, 10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silentz

There are places like the silver river where there are only monsters that wouldn't collect items, if I am remembering your scavenger post correctly. It wouldn't be all that difficult to find areas of the game where only beasts stay and wouldn't collect items. Some one could just make the worms scripting area their stash point, since there are only worms and pyro jellies there.

The Crazy Animal

Take a look at NPC mercenaries. You never know where you might find an NPC like this. As they basically will be represented as a fellow adventurer and in that are not confined to a single area like mobs are. Plus players might pick them up in one area and leave them in another which will make it even more random.

http://www.greatermud.com/wiki/index.php/Idea:NPC_AI_Behavioral_Schemes#NPC_Helper_Agents_Behavior

Grin I really do tend to overlap my ideas and try to make them all mesh well you know. Anyway nothing is going to be bullet proof so if you leave stuff laying around your risking loosing it not that it will be impossible to do. Anyway I have a fair few other ideas how to deal with collecting fines so expect if your going to try to beat the system I'll have thought up a few ways to make you work (play) for it at least a little.

Spooky

After reading this post last night I thought of an idea..... in reality.. can one only see things happening from us 3 or 4 rooms away? If we were walking around,  wouldnt we hear 4 plate wearing warriors hacking up wild dogs and slapping swords with an orc warleader? Of course the more armor you had on the harder it would be to see and hear things so far away from you and .. yes then maybe id believe one could only hear or see whats happening in just one room. But a thief..or gypsy.. missy.. ranger.. with light armour... sneaking around people .. hiding.. trained to have acute senses.. he could hear like people fighting 4 rooms to the east.. or you hear the sounds of meteors striking toward the northwest.

To expand on an idea i saw earlier too about being able to look in rooms without being seen.. you could make them to eavsdrop and see the screen scroll in the room around them.. maybe able to see someones condition from a room away.. you could tell they were very critically wounded without being searched out or breaking a sneak. Possibly hear conversations too

Another Idea was a skill that would act almost like mega does when it follows your script in PVP .. the thief or gypsy.. or ranger.. could have a trail command that will trail a person a room behind them or more without having to track every room. Shouldnt one be able to follow a person from two or three rooms behind them while keeping them in sight? Maybe your char could trail people longer in duration the better their skill is.

just a few thoughts love the ideas you guys have so far

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: Spooky on Jan 12, 2007, 11:26 PM
After reading this post last night I thought of an idea..... in reality.. can one only see things happening from us 3 or 4 rooms away? If we were walking around,? wouldnt we hear 4 plate wearing warriors hacking up wild dogs and slapping swords with an orc warleader? Of course the more armor you had on the harder it would be to see and hear things so far away from you and .. yes then maybe id believe one could only hear or see whats happening in just one room. But a thief..or gypsy.. missy.. ranger.. with light armour... sneaking around people .. hiding.. trained to have acute senses.. he could hear like people fighting 4 rooms to the east.. or you hear the sounds of meteors striking toward the northwest.

Making sensory messages better would be a good idea but I'm not sure what this has to do with thievery.

To expand on an idea i saw earlier too about being able to look in rooms without being seen.. you could make them to eavsdrop and see the screen scroll in the room around them.. maybe able to see someones condition from a room away.. you could tell they were very critically wounded without being searched out or breaking a sneak. Possibly hear conversations too

We were toying with idea like this here:
http://greatermud.com/forums/index.php?topic=661.0

Another Idea was a skill that would act almost like mega does when it follows your script in PVP .. the thief or gypsy.. or ranger.. could have a trail command that will trail a person a room behind them or more without having to track every room. Shouldnt one be able to follow a person from two or three rooms behind them while keeping them in sight? Maybe your char could trail people longer in duration the better their skill is.

just a few thoughts love the ideas you guys have so far

Advanced tracking would be an intresting idea to look at.