End of Days Reset Scenarios

Started by The Crazy Animal, Jan 11, 2007, 10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Crazy Animal

I was talking to ZLemur earlier that one of the main problems with the game is the only ending is basically server reset or getting rerolled if you want to think about it like that. So what I was thinking is there a way we can make server resets more fun for players. In some of the edited realms I?ve played on in the past we did stuff like unlimited non-restricted pvp, free items in shops? It normally turned out to be one of those most live players at keys days when this type of things was going on.

Think about it as some type of 24hr time final massive alignment conflict in the form of a contest. At the end of this contest the members of the winning alignment get to start the next game with some prize attached to their account and redeemable for use on their next character. Since we can do just about anything such as special quests, areas, items, monsters, what would you want to be able to do just before a realm reset? Go a little crazy with it Massive orc armies, Dragon invasion, Four hoursemen?

Vitoc

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Jan 11, 2007, 10:31 PM
I was talking to ZLemur earlier that one of the main problems with the game is the only ending is basically server reset or getting rerolled if you want to think about it like that. So what I was thinking is there a way we can make server resets more fun for players. In some of the edited realms I?ve played on in the past we did stuff like unlimited non-restricted pvp, free items in shops? It normally turned out to be one of those most live players at keys days when this type of things was going on.

Think about it as some type of 24hr time final massive alignment conflict in the form of a contest. At the end of this contest the members of the winning alignment get to start the next game with some prize attached to their account and redeemable for use on their next character. Since we can do just about anything such as special quests, areas, items, monsters, what would you want to be able to do just before a realm reset? Go a little crazy with it Massive orc armies, Dragon invasion, Four hoursemen?
Daddy like!

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: Vitoc on Jan 12, 2007, 10:44 AM
Daddy like!

Glad you like it... I figured it would also be a great way to still do some of the things that mega wouldn't normally be happy about.

Vitoc

Quote from: The Crazy Animal on Jan 12, 2007, 11:50 AM
Glad you like it... I figured it would also be a great way to still do some of the things that mega wouldn't normally be happy about.
Yeah, I think it would be awesome to have all the different areas send all their mobs (bosses included) out for a final slugfest.  We could post the final results when it was all over. :)

DeathCow

I like four horsemen, I like it alot.

The Crazy Animal

Few other thoughts we need to get the players involved to some how and should be fairly dynamic in its reaction to what players are doing while everything is going on and how they were playing before.

Auto pick:
I was thinking was maybe we could have the alignment scenario auto picked via where the realm is in all players alignment quests. Each of the alignments need to be doing something during this event though I'm not exactly sure what yet. I'm lean towards saying that the alignment in the lead should mount the offensive good vs evil with neutral trying to stop the coming onslaught. (Sounds like classic mmud right)

Manual choices:
Chaotic Invasion - This would be the rise of the chaotic evil monsters scenario... Dragon swarms, Spider attacks...
Need a few more here...
Faction Invasion - This would be like the blood gods minions attack or the dark-elves attack... what ever groups there are available to use...
Random Secret Enemy Invasion - This could be anything from space aliens to the four horsemen but has to be something that isn't normally in the game.

anyway thats just a few more ideas for this.

Spooky

How about the final battle will be between all playable chars in realm.. all in silvermere. The last 5 people standing will get rewarded .....best reward to the last man standing...sure you can run your alignment quest thingies too but a massive PVP engagement where its one and done.

The Crazy Animal

Quote from: Spooky on Jan 13, 2007, 12:03 AM
How about the final battle will be between all playable chars in realm.. all in silvermere. The last 5 people standing will get rewarded .....best reward to the last man standing...sure you can run your alignment quest thingies too but a massive PVP engagement where its one and done.

Well we won't have a silvermere because we'll be using our own content but I don't see why a open pvp contest wouldn't work. To be fair though we should probably have some type of level bracket prize system since you can't expect a level 20 charater to fair well against a level 60 one if you know what I mean.

Spooky

The cap system can be simply smaller chars (a bunch of them) go for the highest chars first. Maybe even make teams of fairly picked chars.