Gambling

Started by fritz, Jan 30, 2007, 05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fritz

Perhaps this is too Final Fantasy 3ish, but having a gambling hall where you have to fight a boss/mob for an item I think would be a great idea.

For example when playing Dice:

Rolling two six's summons a hydra.? (These should all be high level creatures, stationary, and they should be timed to dissapear if not killed after a time period.? We don't want to summon 7 hydras and have them ravaging wherever this gambling hall is located.)? Rolling two ace's summons a vampire fledling etc...etc...

Each creature might drop an item, respectful to their creature type, and only useable by certain classes.? The drop % could be based on the quality of the item or the difficulty of the monster.? A glowing cracked quarterstaff, dropped from killing a monk(after rolling the dice) should have a 1% drop rate if that item is exceptional.? Experience for these summoned creatures could be little to none, because we don't want to provide an exploit for easy experience.

Fritz

The Crazy Animal

ah so something akin to magical glowing arena dice..  :o

fritz

Exactly.  Infact you could place these gambling halls in every city and have the monsters, items, be associated with that town/area.  I don't know if you want to go as far as messing with the faction/alignment of characters.  So having most if not all the mobs neutral through the gambling hall I think would be best.

Silvermere -

Two Aces - toxic rat
     Experience - 0
     Alignment - Neutral
     HPs - 200
     AC/DR - 20/10
     Drops: toxic rat tooth

1 Handed Sharp, Magical 1, 3-12 damage, 1100Speed, 1-8 poison damage.

toxic rat tooth
This small tooth drenched in stink radiates disgusting odors and almost makes you retch.  A small leather wrapping at the hilt allows you to grip this tooth without sacrificing your personal well being.  The rat before you lay lifeless with a toothless grin as if it's ability to harm is still within reach.

Evil City

Four Five - deranged clown

Experience - 0
     Alignment - Neutral
     HPs - 450
     AC/DR - 55/0
     Drops: loud annoying horn

Offhand, Natural, ENC 50, AC 3/0, Cast Deafen 3x a day (-10ac, -10accy, -mute)

Anyway, harder mobs for towns more difficult to get too.

Fritz

manihooni

why did the image of the rabbit from montu python's "quest for the holy grail pop into my head as i read this?
probably cus it's 4 am

run away! run away!